The RFID technology is applied nowadays in many solutions aimed at saving time and automating processes. It is used, among others, in:
- banking - proximity cards,
- modern public transport tickets,
- access cards to the protected zones within the buildings,
- road charging systems,
- libraries - automatic handling of book returns,
- sports - to control the times, when a large number of participants make it impossible to apply stopwatches.
RFID also means a breakthrough in retail, in particular in the clothing industry. As an experienced producer of the systems supporting retail trade, we introduce that modern technology in cooperation with global suppliers. The RFID system collects data from special labels that may be placed on the products during the processes of manufacturing or packing and has two main functions:
1. It assists in fighting with dishonest customers - equipping anti-theft gates with RFID modules supplements the anti-theft system, as it allows to detect theft of the products equipped with special labels.
2. It effectively supports sales management - introduction of RFID technology allows:
- to streamline the work of the store staff by quickly taking the goods and daily inspection of the inventory levels (the system calculates several hundreds of marked items within less than a minute);
- to easily determine the amount of the respective products and the bestselling goods in each store within a chain, thus allowing to effectively manage goods and orders;
- to generate statistics on store product traffic - e.g. indicating which clothes are tried on most frequently;
- to quickly locate the products in a store, thus improving the standard of customer care.